[GRASS-dev] Changes which may need to be merged

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu May 22 04:31:58 EDT 2008

Michael Barton wrote:

> I've been doing some work on TclTk again, updating gronsole.tcl, gui.tcl,
> and runandoutput.tcl.
>
> My understanding is that I should be working on develbranch_6 for this. I'm
> not clear whether these should go on to trunk or not since they're for the
> TclTk gui.
>
> If we are keeping the TclTk gui, they should be merged. I have working
> copies of both trunk and develbranch_6. What do you recommend is the best
> way to merge to trunk if that is what needs doing?

>From the directory containing a working copy of the trunk, either:

svn merge -c 31350 https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/develbranch_6
svn merge -c 31332 https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/develbranch_6

or:

svn merge -r 31141:31350 https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/develbranch_6/gui/tcltk/gis.m gui/tcltk/gis.m

The former merges the two individual changes, the latter merges all
changes between the time the branch was made and the latest change.

But I'm thinking that it may be better to just remove gis.m from the
trunk. Once 7.x starts to diverge, maintaining two versions of gis.m
will become too much work. I would expect the wxPython GUI to be
stable by the time that 7.x is ready for everyday use.