[GRASS-dev] georeferencer - inspiration from gvSIG ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 03:06:41 EDT 2008

Markus:
> which code do you mean? We have there
> grassaddons/imagery/i.points.auto.

oh, right. it's already on the table.

> The draft imagery roadmap is (see TODO file in main -
> should go into the Wiki):
>
> TODO Image libraries:
>   A)
>     - lib/imagery/: standard lib, in use (i.* except for
> i.points3, i.rectify3)
>     - imagery/i.ortho.photo/libes/: standard lib, in use
> (i.ortho.photo, photo.*)
>   B)
>     - lib/image3/: never finished improvement which
> integrated the standard lib and
>                    the ortho lib. Seems to provide also
> ortho rectification for satellite data (i.points3, i.rectify3)
>
> TODO Image modules:
>     - merge of i.points, i.vpoints, i.points3
>     - merge of i.rectify and i.rectify3
>     - addition of new resampling algorithms such as
> bilinear, cubic convolution
>       (take from r.proj?)
>     - add other warping methods (maybe thin splines from
> GDAL?)
>     - implement/finish linewise ortho-rectification of
> satellite data
>     - Add support for > 8bit colors (only 0-255
> supported currently)

my main point was to raise the awareness that we have all this neat rectification code sitting in the corners which can be drawn upon when it comes to improving the new wxGUI tool. The more we can learn from gvSIG, QGIS, gdal_translate+gdalwarp, and old i.*points*, i.ortho.photo ideas+code while still in the design phase, the better the end result will be. Even if we don't implement it all at once.

meta,
Hamish