[GRASS-dev] Locking is not supported on Windows

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Thu May 29 12:19:23 EDT 2008

Re: [GRASS-dev] Locking is not supported on WindowsHi all,

I'm afraid that I didn't have enough spare time to correctly follow this discussion, that actually I started.
On the last days I have been *GRASS Off* since I bought a new machine and I needed to migrate (from XP to Vista... please, don't say nothing! I'm really upset!).
Now I'm quite operative, but I think that, about this discussion, I actually missed the point :-(
Is there something that I can do?
creating a .gislock file in the current opened location could be a solution?
what should I write in the .gislock file?
*when* should I create it? from init.bat/.sh or from another shell file?

Thanks,

Marco