[GRASS-dev] ubuntu 8.10 compile error

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Nov 7 17:50:10 EST 2008

Isaac Ullah wrote:

> Hi all,  I'm currently trying to compile both grass 6.4 and grass7 on Ubuntu
> 8.10, and I am consistently getting a couple of compile errors for
> .../gui/wxwigits/vdigit and .../gui/wxwidgets/NVIS for  that have really
> stumped me. here are the initial errors:

> Is this a wx issue?

Yes.

> I've read the latest few threads about other compile
> errors with wx enabling in ./configure options, and I've confirmed that my
> etc/alternatives/wx-config file is pointing to
> /usr/lib/wx/config/base-unicode-release-2.8,

FWIW, my /usr/lib/wx/config directory contains the following files:

	gtk2-ansi-release-2.6
	gtk2-unicode-release-2.6
	gtk2-unicode-release-2.8

I suspect that you haven't installed all of the necessary packages.
AFAICT, you need at least the following packages:

	libwxbase2.8-0
	libwxbase2.8-dev
	libwxgtk2.8-0
	libwxgtk2.8-dev