[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 31, Issue 30

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Nov 15 18:36:08 EST 2008

On Nov 15, 2008, at 10:00 AM, <grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:56:27 +0000
> From: Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] GRASS 7: suggestion to remove tcltk NVIZ and
> 	vdigit
> To: "Markus Neteler" <neteler at osgeo.org>
> Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> ... as the subject says, I suggest to
>>
>> # grass7:
>> svn rm vector/v.digit/
>> svn rm visualization/nviz/
>> svn rm lib/gtcltk/
>>
>> Makes sense?
>
> Is the wxPython version of NVIZ sufficiently complete?

It works and is now compiling on most Linux and Mac systems. I don't
know about Windows. It is still buggy of course but a very good start.
Both Martin and I are heavily tied up in academic things right now, so
we probably won't see any major changes soon. On the other hand, the
TclTk version of nviz doesn't work very well from wxPython. I guess
I'd say that we can drop TclTk entirely from GRASS 7 to make sure that
we fix the GUI stuff that needs fixing.

Also issues with wxPython vdigit, although it too is now compiling on
most Linux and Mac systems.

Michael