[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #169: Request for r.edit

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Nov 16 05:51:36 EST 2008

Michael Barton wrote:

> This already exists in GRASS 6 for TclTk.
>
> It needs to be redone in wxPython for GRASS 7.

If you're talking about d.rast.edit, it has already been re-written in
wxPython.

AFAICT, the "r.edit" concept was intended to be perform in-place
modification similar to v.edit.

I have no idea why we allow in-place editing for vectors, and I don't
see any reason to allow it for rasters (especially given that it would
only work for uncompressed rasters, which are hardly ever used).