[GRASS-dev] weird boundary box appears around reprojected raster map

Isaac Ullah isaac.ullah at asu.edu
Tue Nov 18 15:35:41 EST 2008

Sorry to have been unclear. It seems that the new "boundary" pixels are
created at the what seems to be edge of the input map's regional extents. To
clarify, there is no "boundary of pixels" (eg. "frame") in the original
raster stream seg maps produced by r.watershed, but r.proj creates a one to
two pixel wide "frame" that outlines the reprojected maps. to repeat, there
is NO boundary in the origianl maps, but there IS a boundary after
reprojection. Why is this happening?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com>wrote:

> Isaac Ullah wrote:
>
> > Hi all, I'm attching to png's of a wierd phenomenon that just occured to
> me
> > when reprojecting a couple of stream segment maps (produced by
> r.watershed)
> > from a UTM location ot a longlat location (so I can export to kml for use
> in
> > GE). The maps reprojected okay, but there is a 1-2 pixel wide "border"
> > around the reprojected maps that is approximately the same size as the
> > original map's boundary.
>
> What do you mean by "the original map's boundary"?
>
> If the source map has a border embedded in its data, it will get
> re-projected along with the rest of the map.
>
> --

Isaac I Ullah, M.A.

Archaeology PhD Student,
ASU School of Evolution and Social Change

Research Assistant,
Mediterranean Landscape Dynamics Project
isaac.ullah at asu.edu
ullah at archaeologist.com

http://www.public.asu.edu/~iullah