[GRASS-dev] opencell opening temp null file: no temp files available

Andruit at gmx.de Andruit at gmx.de
Wed Nov 19 05:12:35 EST 2008

Hello,
I am writing a Grass programm which creates  a raster, reads the values of the raster map at certain points and creates a new rastermap having the same name as the old one.

I am using the function

G_open_cell_new()  to overwrite the existing raster map.

and the function

 G_close_cell()

It works fine.

But after about 1000 loops I get the following messsage.

WARNING: opencell opening temp null file: no temp files available

Does anyone know what it means. I have enough space left in my ./tmp folder. And I also have write permissions on it.

Thanks in advance.

Andi