[GRASS-dev] r34362, r34366

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 05:29:12 EST 2008

Hamish:
> > re.  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/34366
> >
> > fine for grass7, but please don't disable
> valid+working functionality in
> > devbr6. if you want to launch a gui window for it use
> "r.recode --ui".

Martin:
> well, I prefer to disable GRASS_UI_TERM in general (where is possible).

it's added there, by hand, on purpose & for a reason. without it there
is no (obvious) way to get at that part of the module's functionality.

sure, the gui menu should use --ui in the menu entry for that module so
that a xterm isn't needed and there are not wingrass problems etc.

> But maybe you are right (in terms of g6.x), if you prefer I will revert
> this change.

for g6.x I prefer that it be reverted so the interactive functionality
is not (effectively) lost.

thanks,
Hamish