[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r34445 - in grass/trunk: include lib/gis

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Nov 23 13:58:38 EST 2008

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 2:41 AM,  <svn_grass at osgeo.org> wrote:
> > Author: glynn
> > Date: 2008-11-22 20:41:03 -0500 (Sat, 22 Nov 2008)

> >   grass/trunk/lib/gis/proj3.c
> >   grass/trunk/lib/gis/put_row.c
> >   grass/trunk/lib/gis/reclass.c
> >   grass/trunk/lib/gis/spawn.c
> >   grass/trunk/lib/gis/view.c
> > Log:
> > Reduce use of static variables
> > Miscellaneous clean-up
>
> ... a 6.4. backport candidate? Say, those which are successfully
> merged or could this destabilize 6.4.libgis?

You'll need to consider the chunks individually.

Most of them are safe, but some of them depend upon previous changes
which may or may not have been backported. E.g.:

+ Some of the changes to get_row_colr.c involve using G__alloca(),
which may not be in 6.4.

+ The percent.c change amounts to removing G_percent2(), which was
part of the vector library's "alternative" logging mechanism. Whether
that can be removed depends upon whether anything is still using it.

+ The put_row.c change removes G_zeros_r_nulls(). That isn't used in
7.0, but I don't know if it's used in 6.4. The sort of code which
might use that function is exactly the sort of code which was removed
in 7.0.

OTOH, most of the changes are harmless.