[GRASS-dev] porting r.in.wms to python

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 22:33:42 EDT 2008

> > 	d.out.gpsdrive   (d.mon)
>
> (me)
> like the very useful d.out.file module, it dumps current (composed) map
> display to the PNG driver via d.save. I suppose replacing this will
> be a clone/modification of how d.out.file's functionality has been
> replicated.

I should mention that while a little pre-alpha work has gone into building
GpsDrive for Win32 lately, it is essentially a *NIX program. It relies on
Gpsd, which states on their homepage "No, we don't support Windows — get
a better operating system." [RMS]

While not directly affecting the running of d.out.gpsdrive (to create
backdrop tiles), it does mean that if it was excluded from the MS-Windows
build I doubt anyone would notice much.

semi-related-- does anyone know of a libgis function that will return
the current projection+coordinate's convergence angle WRT true north?
A method to find that with the `proj` program is given here:
 http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Ps.map_scripts#Creating_a_fancy_North_Arrow

Hamish