[GRASS-dev] compilation success

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Oct 9 09:54:19 EDT 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 8:48 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2008, at 4:27 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:
>
>> To be honest, I'm not particularly confident of the OSX-specific rule
>> for building the module:
>>
>> 	ifeq ($(findstring darwin,$(ARCH)),darwin)
>> 		$(CXX) -o $@ $(LDFLAGS) $^ $(EXTRA_LIBS)
>> 	else
>>
>> I would expect that command to try to build an executable.
>>
> This works because there is also a conditional on setting
> EXTRA_LIBS, so that it will build a module (-bundle), which is a
> little different than a library on OSX.  We don't want SHLIB_LD
> because it has the -dynamiclib flag hardwired into it.

Ah, but until yesterday, this EXTRA_LIBS conditional was only in the
vdigit makefile (because it was needed for the -lgdi bit).  So I guess
I fixed two problems without realizing it ;)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy