[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] r.watershed.fast new version

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 19:25:14 EDT 2008

Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Fantastic news. This should be integrated back into GRASS given that the
> output now exactly matches the original.

Hi,

a thought I've had for a while- should we have some r.compare script to
test if two raster maps are the same. Currently I use r.univar and check
sum= and others match, which is slightly unsatisfactory, as is r.mapcalc
diff=map1-map2 + 'r.univar map=diff'. My idea is cell data equality, not
metadata (timestamps etc).

a flag could have it output a checksum/md5sum too.
Should it base the exit code on the yes/no answer?

I guess a v.compare could simply run `diff` on the two folders in $MAPSET/vector/ (with g.findfile adjusting for @otherMapset as needed)

thoughts?

Hamish