[GRASS-dev] Re: mapsets and locations with spaces on wingrass?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 15 09:24:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM, andrea antonello
<andrea.antonello at gmail.com> wrote:
(previous mail)

The code in question for the CLI startup is in
lib/init/set_data.c

Perhaps some quoting is missing there (I also see short name buffers there
and such).

> Ok, found the following:
> "If installed into a directory that has spaces in either its name or
> the path of directories leading up to it, some functionalities of
> GRASS might be hampered. We would highly appreciate if you tried and
> reported any problems, so that we can fix them. "
>
> I suppose that this means that usually at least it can be started, right?

I think you can with command line startup.

I tried

> Is there a list of the hampered functionalities?

I am afraid no. But myself, I used it for weeks with a white space in the
path name, it worked (say, we fixed a couple of things in those days).
So, in the path to the GRASS database including that is might be ok,
but apparently not yet in a location name.

Markus