[GRASS-dev] New NVIZ compile error

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Oct 16 10:14:11 EDT 2008

On Oct 16, 2008, at 5:06 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> /home/neteler/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/
> libgrass_ogsf.so:
> undefined reference to `guess_format'
> /home/neteler/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/
> libgrass_ogsf.so:
> undefined reference to `avpicture_get_size'
> /home/neteler/grass64/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/
> libgrass_ogsf.so:
>
> Could this be related to recent Mac changes? I didn't upgrade my
> Linux box..

No Mac changes directly in the TclTk Nviz.  I did make a change
yesterday in the ogsf makefile to only directly include X11 header and
lib search paths if X11 opengl is used, to help avoid accidental
inclusion (on OSX) of X11 copies of libraries.  Shouldn't affect other
systems, or nviz.

Have you always built with ffmpeg support?  That's what all those
symbols are from.  Odd that the ffmpeg libraries aren't included in
the nviz makefile.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe