[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] g.xlist/g.xremove addons (C version of g.mlist/g.mremove)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 4 15:56:45 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

>> > The existing scripts cannot be removed unless the C versions can be
>> > made to work on all platforms (I daresay there's a regex library for
>> > Windows, but we still need configure tests, etc).
>>
>> What is the current state? Since I have to deal with thousands of
>> maps in a mapset frequently, I am interested to get the g.mlist
>> and g.mremove scripts replaced with a C version.
>
> Well, first someone needs to find a regex library for Windows. If it's
> needed for g.mlist etc, it will effectively become a mandatory
> dependency, so if only source is available, we'll need to accept
> responsibility for providing a binary package.

Voila:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=73286
"Release Name: Current Release: mingw-regex-2.5.1

Notes:
This is a port of the GNU regex components from glibc,
ported for use in native Win32 applications by Tor Lillqvist.

This release comprises three files, all as tar.gz archives:

mingw-regex-2.5.1-bin.tar.gz provides the regex functions
in the form of a precompiled DLL.

mingw-regex-2.5.1-dev.tar.gz provides the import libraries
and header files, required for linking user applications
to the above DLL.

mingw-regex-2.5.1-src.tar.gz provides the full source code,
from which the above two packages have been compiled.
"

Markus