[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] g.xlist/g.xremove addons (C version of g.mlist/g.mremove)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Sep 6 13:05:46 EDT 2008

Huidae Cho wrote:

> > I have added g.mlist and g.mremove to SVN trunk, along with
> > G_set_ls_filter() and the configure checks for the regex functions.
> >

> Do we really need to keep the old names (g.mlist/g.mremove) when we may
> break backward compatibility in grass7?  The "m" used to stand for
> "modified", but "extended" (g.xlist/g.xremove) would be more
> appropriate.  Just my paranoia :-).

I thought that these were supposed to be replacements for g.mlist and
g.mremove. AFIACT, they have the same options as the script versions,
other than the use of extended REs versus basic REs for -r.

If we decide to keep the script versions as a fallback, those will be
replaced with Python versions in 7.x, so they can be changed to use
extended REs (the shell script uses sed, which only supports basic
REs). Or we can make the C versions use basic REs for -r and add e.g.
-e for extended REs.