[GRASS-dev] suggested temporary feature freeze for wxGUI

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 8 11:08:17 EDT 2008

On Sep 7, 2008, at 1:14 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> Now we're left with some errors in grass6_wxnviz_wrap.cpp:
>
> grass6_wxnviz_wrap.cpp:3165: error: expected unqualified-id before
> ‘{’ token
> grass6_wxnviz_wrap.cpp:3173: error: expected unqualified-id before
> ‘{’ token
> grass6_wxnviz_wrap.cpp:3180: error: expected unqualified-id before
> ‘{’ token
>
> These are all
>
> static bool check(PyObject *obj) {
>
> I seem to recall seeing this before somewhere with swig-generated
> code, and I don't remember what the solution was.

I think I got it - it's a similar problem to the X, Y and Z defines.
I dug around in the OSX system and found that "check" is defined in
AssertMacros.h (which looks like is mainly used for debugging).  I
didn't see any direct includes of that, but I suspect it comes
eventually from the Python.h include.

This seems to work - add this to the end of the %module section in
nviz.i:

#undef check

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.