[GRASS-dev] issues with compiling and running GRASS on Mac

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:21:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/9/8 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:
>> > I don't know about the easiest way, but the only robust solution is to
>> > keep nagging the wxGUI developers until they move the high-risk
>> > features (vdigit, nviz) out of the main wxGUI process.
>>
>> it's my plan, I started to elaborate with NvizThread in nviz_mapdisp.py...
>
> Er, how does that help?

For nviz/vdigit extension, there two main points I would like to fix:

* when extension crash (G_fatal_error is called) to avoid crashing whole GUI
* redirect message printed by extension to stdout, strderr to Layer
Manager "Command Area" (goutput.py)

NvizThread class maybe can help in this effort (?)

Thanks for any pointer in advance, Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *