[GRASS-dev] getting vdigit to compile correctly on the Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Sep 13 15:05:22 EDT 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> There are lib symlinks to the system python in /usr/lib but none in /
> usr/local/lib.
>
> I'll try compiling with specifying /usr/local/bin/python-config to
> see if that works.

Well, if the python settings in platform.make are correct, as you
found, this won't help.

>  If not, it may be necessary to make the symlinks in /usr/local/lib
>
> Michael

Python is not broken, so we should try to avoid "fixing" it with
symlinks.  it's more a problem of a confused or broken linker.

Either someone figures out distutils, or we work around it by editing
platform.make (until a better fix is found) or do something in
configure.

>> I could try it, but I don't want to mess up my MacBook by
>> installing (for real) the python.org python (I like the system
>> python), though I could try it on my Mini.

I just tried it on my Mini.

OSX 10.5.4
Xcode 3.1
MacPython 2.5.2
wxpython 2.8.8.1

It configures fine, but for some reason it's linking the system python
(but it IS linking the correct wxpython).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.