[GRASS-dev] vdigit error

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Sep 13 18:45:26 EDT 2008

Now that William's worked out a way to compile vdigit on the Mac
(should this be committed or there a risk of breaking another
platform?), I can move ahead and report actual errors in using vdigit.
Sorry that I don't know how to fix these.

Anyway, whenever I select a vector to edit (including creating a new
vector for editing), I get the following in a wxPython MessageBox:

Vector digitizer error

Unable to initialize display driver, see README file for more
information

Details: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'OpenMap' (dlopen(/
Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/wxpython/vdigit/
_grass6_wxvdigit.so, 2): Symbol not found: _Vedit_add_vertex
   Referenced from: /Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/
etc/wxpython/vdigit/_grass6_wxvdigit.so
   Expected in: dynamic lookup
)

Michael