[GRASS-dev] nviz compile errors on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 15 10:41:03 EDT 2008

With rare exceptions, anything in /usr/* is installed by Apple.  /usr/
local/* should be where your old swig is.

See where the first one is in your PATH with:

type swig

If it's still /usr/bin/swig, maybe you just need to reinstall Xcode.

On Sep 15, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I installed a swig binary a year or two back. I don't know if the
> swig that I find in /usr/bin is from that or from the XCode install.
> Any idea how to tell the difference?
>
> If I delete /usr/bin/swig, do you think that stuff will still
> compile (i.e., find the other swig)?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy