[GRASS-dev] Problem with r.spread - solved

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:37:55 EDT 2008

Hi

there was a problem with r.spread, as identified by Hamish in an
earlier email (see thread "Compile only wildfire modules?").

I managed to get it working and it looks fine to me.

The original code read:

 while ( (smaller_child <= *heap_len) &&
          (new_min_cost > heap[smaller_child].min_cost)) {

       heap[i].min_cost = heap[smaller_child].min_cost;
       heap[i].angle = heap[smaller_child].angle;
       heap[i].row = heap[smaller_child].row;
       heap[i].col = heap[smaller_child].col;

and I changed it to:

while ( (smaller_child <= *heap_len) &&
          (smaller_child > 0) &&
          (new_min_cost > heap[smaller_child].min_cost)) {
.
.
.

Could please someone check if that is OK, and if yes submit to the
code repository?

Thanks

Rainer

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)