[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] patch for v.rast.stats to use multiple percentiles

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Sep 29 13:44:30 EDT 2008

G. Allegri wrote:

> I didn't see the new versions of script. Wow, I've seen grass.py lib, very good!
> Will all the scripts be converted?

Generally, yes.

There will be some exceptions for scripts which are disabled because
they don't currently work with 7.0 and it's unsure whether they will
be fixed or removed altogether.

Shell scripts which are only needed for compilation or testing are
likely to remain (the Makefiles need a shell anyhow).

If Init.sh stays, that will likely remain as separate Unix (shell) and
Windows (batch) versions, so that you can at least start GRASS if
Python isn't installed or isn't functional.

But it is intended that everything that's included with GRASS will be
usable on Windows without requiring MSys (i.e. no need for a shell or
Unix utilities).