[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] call for volunteers - urgent need for Windows Vista binaries

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 2 05:06:22 EDT 2009

On 31/03/09 06:58, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/3/31 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:
>> Native, stand alone installer for GRASS should be a high priority. I guess
>> we need both an XP and Vista version.
>
> personally I have no problem with osgeo4w installer. Ideally should be
> mentained both - standalone and osgeo4w - if we have enough manpower.
> If no, I would incline to osgeo4w.

I can only repeat that the two are not opposed, but that you can create
a standalone installer on the basis of osgeo4w:

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/FAQ#HowdoIperformanofflineorcomputerlabinstall

AFAICT, you just need to create the .bat file mentioned in the QGIS blog
and you have a clickable installer.

Moritz