[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] call for volunteers - urgent need for Windows Vista binaries

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 2 16:10:01 EDT 2009

On 02/04/09 18:51, Michael Barton wrote:
> Thanks. This is good to know. Of course the user/lab manager still needs
> to create a *.bat file from instructions in a blog (at least now
> referenced on the WIKI).

No, what I meant is that with the osgeo4w installation environment,
someone could package a stand-alone GRASS installer and make it
available via the GRASS web site. Seems more sustainable to me than
having separate efforts going into a stand-alone installer and osgeo4w.
I guess someone would have to try the osgeo4w path to an installer once
to see how user and lab-friendly this really is.

Moritz