[GRASS-dev] Python issues in new vista installer

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 08:32:12 EDT 2009

As I posted in another message, I'm essentially finished the native
windows installer for grass 6.4.0svn. However I'm having a problem
with Python not being recognized. On my system (vista) it runs fine
but I just figure out that it is using a duplicate installation of
Python, not the one it is supposed to use. This is why it failed on
other systems I tested it on. In fact grass in OSGeo4W doesn't work
either with this other Python folder name changed. I checked the
system variable PYTHONPATH and PATH and neither have the old or new
Python folder in them.

Does anyone know how to properly implement Python without using
Python's own installers? I'm guessing there is a registry entry
somewhere?

-Colin