[GRASS-dev] i.rectify still chokes on @mapset

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 15 03:10:01 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Isaac Ullah <iullah at asu.edu> wrote:
> The error I get is like this: "map at mapset" is not found in group "map_group"
> try using maps "map at mapset"
> where my group is "map_group", which contains only one map "map at mapset".

I have now also tried 6.4.0svn on cmd line, no problem.

But:

> This error comes after using both the tcltk and the wx georectifier when
> trying to do final georectififactaion after points are made, and is even
> replicated when  i.rectify using from the original xy location after a
> correct points file is made. I am able to circumvent this error by
> specifying a map name in i.rectify, but stripping the "@mapset". If I don't
> strip the "@mapset", then same error occurs.

I feel that the GUIs introduce the problem since it works on command
line.

For example:

grep mapset gui/tcltk/gis.m/georect.tcl  | grep -v '#'
            set cmd "i.target group=$GRMap::xygroup location=$currloc
mapset=$currmset"
            -title [G_msg "Select mapset of raster to georectify"] \
    Button $row.a -text [G_msg "1. Select mapset"] \

Why
 $GRMap::xygroup
?

suggestion: remove ::xygroup in both lines 292 and 294 in file
etc/gm/georect.tcl
from the i.target command and try again.

I currently don't have the time to try the GUI based georectifier
tools... perhaps taking off the mapset from the input helps?

Markus