[GRASS-dev] g_parser() ERROR

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 23:15:09 EDT 2009

g_massa wrote:
> I've a problem with r.soils.texture (http://trac.osgeo.
> org/grass/browser/grass-addons/raster/r.soils.texture) . In
> past and in previous test It worked  properly but now I've this
> message:
> ERROR: Required
> parameter <CLAY> not set:
>
> Actually all input module are null (tested with
> G_message("sand file:%", inputClay->answer) and I can't
> find where is my error.
> I'm using grass 6.4.0 (svn) and ubunto 8.4.
>
> I need help, indeed!

I think it was because the ->key names were given in uppercase.
I seem to recall there was the same problem with that with r.terraflow
not very long ago, "solved" by using lowercase chars for the option name.

I made a few edits to the code (just formatting stuff to be found in
the SUBMITTING file), maybe you could svn up and see if that was it?

see
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/36800
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/36801
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/36802

also I noticed there were some extra ^M chars in the *.dat files which
shouldn't be there, and some UTF? symbols in the description.html file
which also shouldn't be there. (but did not fix)

can you add an example to the help page which uses the Spearfish or
North C. sample datasets, or maybe creates some artificial clay and
sand maps? then I can better help test.

Hamish