[GRASS-dev] PostGreSQL functionality in GRASS.

kavitesh.singh at wipro.com kavitesh.singh at wipro.com
Thu Apr 23 00:19:48 EDT 2009

Hi All,

It is a novice question, I want to know how is the PostGreSQL used in
GRASS. My initial thought was that it stores the map attributes and
spatial information in PostGreSQL or similar databases. On the other
hand I also feel the dataset which GRASS uses to store map information
(raster/vector) has all the spatial information. I can use a dataset and
use in on any other system installation without copying anything from
database.

Can someone please elaborate on this.

Regards,

Kavitesh Singh