[GRASS-dev] test procedures / svn version advice

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 02:51:20 EDT 2009

Tim wrote:
> The new GUI is really neat. But it does not show any map
> that I configure in the layer manager.  Ther renderer
> just doesn't work.

in the display window's "zoom" pulldown menu, try "zoom to match extents
of current layer". (see the wxGUI help page)

maybe it is just drawing a blank image off the edge of where your data
is.

> I gues as being the develpment version it may still contain
> unfinshed code.

[grass 7?]
.... perhaps, but it should work for basic stuff. bad errors like "it
displays nothing" will usually be noticed & fixed very quickly.

> Shall I bug-report on any problem I encounter?
> I think I gonna install grass64svn as fall back option.

for day-to-day use without bugs that is the best option. of course we
encourage the adventurous to try the development version so that we find
problems and fix them. there is no magic there, only reported errors get
fixed; if people don't report them they probably don't get fixed unless
the programmer notices it themselves.
but if you are working to a deadline probably 6.4rc is the best version
to use.

Hamish