[GRASS-dev] NVIZ X11 Interface

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 29 08:36:47 EDT 2009

On Apr 29, 2009, at 3:06 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Note that the Tcl/Tk version of NVIZ has all of the code needed to run
> natively on MacOSX. You need to build with --with-opengl=osx, and also
> ensure that the Tk version which it finds is a native version.
>
> I'm fairly sure that it has worked (to an extent) in the past, but
> none of the GRASS developers with a Mac seem particularly interested
> in maintaining it.
>
> I think that you may need to use Tk 8.4, as the MacOSX version of Togl
> seems to have problems with 8.5 (this is second-hand and from memory).
>
> Search the grass-dev archives for NVIZ, Togl, Mac, OSX for more
> details.

Ah, yes, TclTk Aqua would be not-X11 also.  Actually, TclTk Aqua NVIZ
works best with 8.5, I thought.  Or even only with 8.5?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy