[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Wx-Python GUI and nViz

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:09:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/7/7 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> any thoughts about renaming wxNviz to wxGviz or something to
> avoid confusion?

in the map display toolbar it's called "3D view" which seems to be
reasonable to me. So probably we can call it as "wxGUI 3D view
extension".

> even if the intention is to match/surpass the tcl/tk NVIZ
> functionality and it uses the OGSF library, to me the NVIZ
> program seems to be it's own separate animal from the wx
> replacement.
>
> (wxGviz is a horrible pun on "gee-whiz" == "wow" btw)
>
> if not, file and directory names should be wxnviz.* not nviz.*

`gui/wxpython/nviz` corresponds with `gui/wxpython/vdigit`. I think
that `wxpython` is enough to indicate that it's not tcl/tk nviz.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa