[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.5 GEOS build fails

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Aug 3 14:19:28 EDT 2009

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > LOC_CHECK_LIBS checks for a specific symbol, so it should be
> > straightforward to check for a symbol which is only present in 3.x.
>
> Something like this?
> [neteler at localhost grass70]$ svn diff configure.in

> +  LOC_CHECK_LIBS(geos,GEOSGeom_createLinearRing,GEOS,$GEOS_CFLAGS,$GEOS_LIBS,,,,)

Probably:

	LOC_CHECK_LIBS(geos,GEOSGeom_createLinearRing,GEOS,$GEOS_LIBS,GEOS_LIBS)

> (still no solution to the original problem:
>  perhaps my much liked "-Werror-implicit-function-declaration" is the problem?)

Your original problem appears to be that you don't have a compatible
version of GEOS installed. It's compiling okay, so it looks like the
headers are compatible but the library isn't. Maybe a problem with
32-bit and 64-bit libraries?