[GRASS-dev] wingrass on VISSTA and XP with two pythons

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Aug 6 21:44:23 EDT 2009

Just an update, in case somebody else has a similar problem -
GRASS from OSGeo4W installer runs with nviz on the same VISTA computers
that had the problem below.

But we got an interesting issue with the native installer on our XP
machines in the teaching lab.
After a separate Python2.5 install GRASS wxpython does not run anymore

The error message says:
python.exe
the procedure entry point ?PyWinObject_AsHABDLE@@YAHPAU_object@@PAPAX at Z
could not be located in the dynamic link library pywintypes25.dll

when we searched for pywintypes25.dll we got
C:\GRASS6-6-SVN\extralib 112KB  1/11/2009
C:\WINDOWS\system32      100KB  9/22/2006
C:\Python25\Lib\site_packages\ 100KB 9/22/2006
C:\GRASS6-6-SVN\Python25\Lib   112KB 1/11/2009

so it looks like the C:\Python25\Lib\site_packages version
is different from the one used by GRASS I asssume that the problem
we have is that GRASS is looking into the wrong pywintypes25.dll.
Is there a solution to this? So far it looks like removing the second
install of Python2.5 is not an option.

thanks,

Helena