[GRASS-dev] missing grass configuration files

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 8 13:07:21 EST 2009

Where is GRASS saving its configuration preferences now?

A short while back, Martin switched the location of the wxGUI
configuration files to ~/.grass7/wx. After a bug fix for preferences
saving Sunday, this is working fine.

But where is the .grassrc7 file or its equivalent?

Nothing is being created in the ~/.grass7 directory and I no longer
have a .grassrc7 file. Init.sh refers to $GRASS_CONFIG_DIR, but this
does not seem to be set when I check it from the GRASS terminal. BUT
GRASS starts up with some kind of configuration because it saves my
mapset/location preferences. So where is this?

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402