[GRASS-dev] Re: missing grass configuration files

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 8 13:30:08 EST 2009

That would work OK AFAIC. I also just learned that all those file that
were being searched for by the startup script are also ending up in
HOME instead of either Application Support or .grass7.

I guess I'd lean toward the .grass7 solution. This is not like "real"
Mac programs, but a number of cross-platform Mac programs do this.

Here is what is bring this up. We have a Java based ABM that interacts
with GRASS. It needs to access the GRASS configuration files and to
set the environment for GRASS in order to run correctly with GRASS.
This has changed rather dramatically with GRASS 7 (I'm sending a
separate post on a related question).

Wherever this stuff goes, it needs to be in a place that it can be
easily 'found' across platforms in a consistent way. It could be a
path stored in an environmental variable, for example if that is
accessible.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University