[GRASS-dev] Re: a better console and better diff

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Dec 16 19:32:29 EST 2009

Martin Landa wrote:

> >> I think that separate windows make more sense, but it's worth allowing
> >> the input window to be a multi-line field with line-wrap and vertical
>
> sorry do you mean separate windows or widgets (in the sense of SDI)?

Widgets. I.e. typing into a different area of the GUI to where the
output appears. There isn't much reason for them to use the same
widget. Terminal emulators have to emulate terminals (which are used
for e.g. curses applications as well as shells), but there's no reason
for a dedicated GUI command-line to behave that way.