[GRASS-dev] Re: a better console and better diff

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 10:41:54 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/12/19 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:
>> * completely breaks wxGUI
>
> Please explain how it breaks the GUI. It tested with no issues at all on my system. If there is a bug we can work it out. Reverting without reporting the bug does not help.

wxGUI didn't start, see error below. You committed file in a conflict.

>>  File "/usr/local/src/grass6_devel/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/prompt.py",
>> line 920
>
> It looks like all that happened was that I missed a conflict marker at the end of the file. If you remove it and try again, it should work fine.

Yes.

>> * re-implements GPrompt, please implement GPrompSTC without touching
>> GPrompt (or GPromptSTC and GPromptPopUp can be subclassed from
>> GPrompt)
>
> See below
>

>> * accidentally reverts my previous changes (apparently you are working
>> with out-dated code). E.g. [1]
>
> Not at all accidental. I needed to rewrite much of prompt.py to do this. Most of the code is no longer needed if we use STC, since most of it is a custom autocompletion code.

As I mentioned earlier logging classes should go to 'goutput.py'
module, prompt classes to 'prompt.py'. Please implement GPromptSTC
(keep GPrompt untouched) without fundamental rewriting goutput.py.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa