[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #841: python script modules should use pythonw on OSX; they also ignore GRASS_PYTHON

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 21 22:36:31 EST 2009

#841: python script modules should use pythonw on OSX; they also ignore
GRASS_PYTHON
  Reporter:  kyngchaos    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Component:  default      |     Version:  unspecified
Resolution:               |    Keywords:
  Platform:  Unspecified  |         Cpu:  Unspecified
Comment (by kyngchaos):

 OK, here's r40103 + r40104 (dev6) and r40105 (trunk).  I created a python
 wrapper so that "python" can be default for OSX and caught in /usr/bin/env
 python, and not depend on Apple's custom version to auto-reexec pythonw,
 and so that 32bits can be used as needed (solves another problem where I
 had an ugly workaround).

 Can you check that it doesn't break the GUI, Michael (started OK in dev6).

 Note that this is for the OSX app build only, but the idea (and the
 problem) does apply to an OSX unix build.  For that, this stuff would have
 to be moved into init.sh and lib/init.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/841#comment:8>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>