[GRASS-dev] strange message on grass GUI startup

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Dec 24 18:31:37 EST 2009

I am getting a strange message on the GRASS GUI startup. It's been happening for about a week. It might be related to my upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6, but I wanted to mention it in case it makes any sense to anyone.

FWIW, I just updated from the 6.5 svn and successfully compiled GRASS on my Mac (many thanks to William Kyngesburye).  Here is the message. It comes up whenever the GUI is started and not subsequently. It does not seem to harm anything.

2009-12-24 16:28:46.081 Python[91945:a13] __CFServiceControllerBeginPBSLoadForLocalizations timed out while talking to pbs

Michael