[GRASS-dev] Issues of 6.5 build on WinXP

Michael Barton c.michael.barton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:26:00 EST 2009

Glynn,

I've looked at the current version of menuform.py and gselect.py and can find no place that should generate a pause or autocomplete in map selection. If it's there, it's really buried deeply. We've used ComboTreeBox in the GRASS custom selection control since early in GUI development. Built in is a feature that *can* allow typing to move the cursor to items in the tree control (it's in the demo.app), but this is not activated in the version we use AFAICT. That is, typing something on my GRASS version does not search the item tree.

I also took a look at Jan's video. Maybe I'm missing something. He clicks on the add layer button but then does not click on the button to view the map list for either raster or vector. Maybe he is trying to type and it doesn't show up in the video?

Then he clicks to the command console but it is blank. Again, I'm not sure what I am supposed to be seeing or not seeing. This appears to be the version that Martin put back in on 24 December. The search facility did not work on my Mac prior to that. Since I have not yet updated to this, I don't know if or how it works. But I can't tell that it is working incorrectly from the video.

The lack of error output to the console is a result of the changes on 24 December. I had set the console so that it would ignore key presses (except with metakeys to permit copying contents) but would accept input from errors and the like. Martin removed this for some reason and set the output to read only. So errors are not reported. I can fix this again but will have to figure out the other changes.

Whatever the problem, we need to get it fixed. But at the moment I don't understand what the problem is.

Michael