[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 nviz (tcltk) no longer compiles on Mac

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Feb 1 13:07:35 EST 2009

On Feb 1, 2009, at 9:37 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2009, at 9:50 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

>>> It looks like the headers from the system Tk package are broken.
>>
> But it shouldn't be trying to use the system tcltk in the first
> place.  So the tests in configure probably failed to find your tcltk
> 8.5.
>
>> I compiled 6.5 a few minutes earlier and had no problem with TclTk.
>>
>> One thing I noticed. In platform make, I normally have to edit the
>> TCLTKLIBS line from
>>
>> TCLTKLIBS           =  -ltk   -ltcl

>> TCLTKLIBS           = -framework Tcl -framework Tk
>>
> I haven't had to do that in a while.  I added symlinks to /usr/local/
> lib (I think we discussed this a while back).

For a variety of reasons--including needing the x11 version of TclTk
8.5 for some other things--I had to get rid of the symlinks. This
means I'm back to modifying platform.make

This works fine for GRASS 6.5. So what has changed for 7 in this
regard? I guess I can explicitly set the path to the frameworks in the
configure line and see what happens.

Michael