[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Referencias de GRASS 6.3.0 nativo para MS-Windows

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 17:43:42 EST 2009

Michael Barton wrote:
> For example, the GRASS 6.3 windows package installer has been working
> fine for a year, and 6.3 works fine with Windows XP. Yet this is still
> listed on the GRASS site as the "GRASS Windows-Native Experimental
> Project". There are always issues to fix, but this is far beyond
> "experimental".

2c:
In 6.4 the "experimental" designation has been removed. For 6.3.0, well
experimental gives thoughts of alpha-ware while it is probably more
accurately beta-ware. oh well. The main download page says for 6.3: "This
version is mature enough to be used for day to day work", I don't think
it's bad that the native MS Win versions has another warning..

We know in 6.3.0 there were many problems which have now been fixed: I'd
rather a user expected lots and lots of problems and only found a few,
than to expect none, find a few, and write the whole suite off as a pile
of buggy trash.

Also, I would hope to forget about 6.3.0 things and worry about 6.4rc now.
:)

Hamish