[GRASS-dev] vector large file support

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 18 05:30:37 EST 2009

Markus Metz wrote:
> It seems to work, at least I got past the segfault when breaking
> polygons, but I still have to check spatial index dumps.
diff spidx.dump.orig spidx.dump.patched >spidx.diff
gives me an empty spidx.diff, patched spatial index is identical to
original spatial index

Waiting for Glynn's comment, then I would commit.

Now that we are warmed up, we could tackle the dglib cache problem and
enjoy avl trees, sorted heaps, Dijkstra search and other goodies hidden
in dglib, what do you think Glynn? :-)

Maybe I need a little break...

But a first wild guess for BUG1 in [1] is that point 3 is skipped when
it was visited before. In dglib, a point gets flagged as visited,
clearing this flag before doing a new search could help (here comes the
first avl tree).

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/lib/vector/dglib/BUGS

I need a break indeed.