[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #498: r.sun2 out of sync / broken svn history

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 19 05:50:02 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:04 AM, GRASS GIS <trac at osgeo.org> wrote:
> #498: r.sun2 out of sync / broken svn history
>
>  attack of the out-of-sync clones & another "svn copy" related tragedy.
>  (granted it was added to svn some months ago, when we were all young about
>  these things)

Defense (Changelog analysis):

TOP-20 GRASS code contributors sorted by commits:
Name       #commits    percentage
markus          4756    24.77
bernhard       2487    12.95
hamish          2011    10.47
martinl         1607    8.37
glynn           1461    7.61
radim           1365    7.11
michael         724     3.77
cho             574     2.99
neteler         534     2.78
barton          478     2.49
brad            415     2.16
paul            279     1.45
landa           255     1.33
jachym          208     1.08
carlos          190     0.99
soeren          146     0.76
cepicky         126     0.66
cmbarton      125     0.65
cedric          125     0.65
helena          120     0.62

OK, take out for me the initial commit in 1999 and
Bernhard's creation of a new CVS repository some
years later. Still the order remains.
Now you can calculate the signal to noise ratio :)

I admit to not be a SVN guru, ready to learn.

Well, back to tech-talk:
should we create a diff to r.sun, delete r.sun2
from SVN, svn copy r.sun to r.sun2 and apply the
diff to carry over the history?

Markus