[GRASS-dev] GRASS manual layout overhaul: less redundancy, more compact

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 04:47:45 EST 2009

Markus wrote:
> >> I have modified tools/build_html_index.sh
Hamish:
> > re. r36022, d.font.freetype and d.text.freetype should not be on the
> > no-G_parser() list. perhaps they are failing to run/build on the server
> > for some other reason?
Markus:
> Mhh, no idea. They has only the name of the other (new)
> module but no description.
>
> > here they correctly have name:description in the display modules list
> > like any other script.
>
> Here it fails.

what does 'd.font.freetype --help' say on that machine?
Does the build use freetype compile flag? are d.font and d.text there?

the scripts are just wrappers that do like:
  exec d.text "$@"

shrug.
anyway, they aren't active; so we shouldn't advertize them; so I've
added them to the ignore list in the script. problem solved ;)
g.manual still works if anyone is curious.

> Well, I guess that the addition to the list in tools/build_html_index.sh
> is rather harmless (but if you don't think so we can revert that).

that script is enough of an ugly PITA to follow without more noise...

Hamish

ps- what's up with r.li.daemon? the html page is on the no-G_parser()
list; the Makefile says it's what becomes libgrass_rli.so, and main.c
is named main.c.unused? former frontend to the library or stand-alone
version?