[GRASS-dev] v.colors interface info

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 1 11:29:34 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2008, at 5:35 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can the color table names/descriptions be added to v.colors, like they
>>> are
>>> for r.colors so that a color table pull-down will be automatically
>>> generated
>>> in the TclTk and wxPython gui's?
>>
>> Since v.colors is a script, AFAIK it is not possible.
>
> Actually, it's quite possible. Since it's a script, I can make the change.

Sure but now it is hardcoded. If in libgis a change is done, the
developer needs to remember to update v.colors as well
(in GRASS >= 6.4 the color stuff was centralised in libgis to not
have it scattered around).

I don't know about v.colors.py in GRASS 7, I hope that the
C function can be called there which generates the color table
list.

Markus