[GRASS-dev] gmath and gpde update

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Jan 10 14:12:43 EST 2009

On 10/01/09 16:36, Soeren Gebbert wrote:
> Meschach is implemented in C and is able to replace the gmath library
> completely with much better implementations.
> I have integrated meschach into grass for testing purposes and, after
> some very basic testing, it works nicely.
> But im unsure if the licence of meschach is compatible with the GPL? Can
> somebody please verify this? Im not an expert in licensing.

This seems to be the relevant part:

"The source code is available to be perused, used and passed on without
cost, while ensuring that the quality of the software is not compromised."

There is no mention of modification, and the second half of the sentence
("while ensuring that the quality of the software is not compromised")
sounds quite suspicious to me. So, without claiming any expert knowledge
either, I would be sceptical.

Moritz