[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #456: Undefined references when building grass 6.4 rc2

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 23 14:59:36 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 6:01 PM, GRASS GIS <trac at osgeo.org> wrote:
> #456: Undefined references when building grass 6.4 rc2
> Changes (by glynn):
>  This error, and its "fix", are bogus.
>
>  EXTRA_LIBS should only include the libraries which are used directly by
>  the library or module being built.

Re bogus:

# example:
cd lib/driver/
grep 'sin(' text2.c
    double sinrot = sin(D2R(text_rotation));
    double sinrot = sin(D2R(text_rotation));

To me this looks like a direct dependency.

man sin
SIN(3)                            Linux Programmer's Manual
NAME
       sin, sinf, sinl - sine function

SYNOPSIS
       #include <math.h>